The fundamental basis of Theatre of the Oppressed as a Conscientization/Liberation method – part 1
- TITLE: The fundamental basis of Theatre of the Oppressed as a Conscientization/Liberation method – part 1
CONTENTS: the training is a research around T.O. and new perspectives. We’ll try to keep together the main elements of this method, developed in different periods and sometimes misunderstood: the connection between micro and macro-cosmos and individual-group-society, Aesthetics as a tool to explore oppression deeply, attention also to legislative dimension, the Freire’s contribute to conscientization, etc. Concretely we are going to build up a Forum-Theatre model, paying attention to the above mentioned elements.
DATE: 2nd-7th of Agost 2015
PLACE: north Italy, in a residential structure
TRAINER: Roberto Mazzini by Giolli
COSTS: for people granted by Erasmus plus program: 300,00 Euro for subsistence and accommodation, 420,00 Euro as course fee.
We are planning for the further months these residential trainings in Italy:
- Forum-Theatre for men/women equality and for fighting discrimination
- Newspaper-Theatre as a tool to face stereotypes against migrants
- Invisible-Theatre as a tool to provoke a discussion in a public space
- How to increase civil participation by means of theatre
- To work in prison: projects, objectives, methods, techniques, experiences
- How to work on citizens' insecurity feelings
- Managing conflict in multi-cultural buildings (co-owner-housing)
- Aestheticsof the Oppressed as an emancipatory process
- Legislative-Theatre for citizens' participation
- Antagonist role's work in Forum play
- The crisis: representations and mystification on mass-media.